DNA Origins® Maternal Lineage test overview.
Contenu du kit :
- Instructions complètes
- Prélèvements sur les joues pour la collecte d'ADN
- Enveloppe préaffranchie pour le retour des échantillons au laboratoire (clients américains uniquement).
Retour des résultats :
- Just 6-8 weeks from receipt of samples at the lab
DNA Origins® Maternal Lineage test details.
Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) is passed down from mother to child relatively unchanged through several generations. Our mtDNA contains markers that can be traced to our early ancestors and where they settled thousands of years ago.
Results of a maternal lineage test are expressed in terms of haplogroups—genetic groups of people who share the same set of DNA markers and can be traced to a certain geographic area that they settled at a particular point in human history.
Test Results Include:
- Personalized Certificate PDF: Displays your haplogroup designation and map showing your ancestors’ journey and where they initially settled in the old world. Results accessed online
- Results Manual PDF: Explains your results in detail and provides more information about ancestry testing and human migration history. Results accessed online