GPS Origins® Ancestry test video.
GPS Origins® Ancestry test overview.
Pinpoint your DNA!
Your GPS Origins kit contains easy-to-follow instructions, cheek swabs for collecting your DNA samples, and a postage-paid envelope for returning your samples to our lab (U.S. customers only). Using a DNA sample you provide through a simple cheek swab, our qualified laboratory tests more than 80,000 unique genetic markers. Cross-checking that information across dozens of gene pools and more than 900 reference populations, we use your DNA to create a detailed report about where your family originated and how it migrated around the world to where you are today. This can help you answer questions about your family’s history, shed light on the origins of certain family traits, and help you better understand exactly who you are.
This advanced autosomal test is so targeted, it may even indicate the town or village where groups of your ancestors from different cultures met—building a vibrant picture of the migration journeys that formed your deep genealogical heritage.
- New ancestral tracking technique pinpoints your genetic genealogy
- 80,000 autosomal genetic markers tested, 1,000+ reference populations and 41 gene pools analyzed
- Simple and painless cheek swab to collect your DNA sample
- Highly accredited lab with privacy-protected service and expert staff; your DNA is not sent to a third-party lab
Inhalt des Kits:
- Easy-to-follow instructions
- Wangenabstriche für die DNA-Sammlung
- Freigegebener Umschlag für die Rücksendung der Proben an das Labor (nur für Kunden in den USA)
- Within 6 weeks
GPS Origins® Ancestry test details.
Learning about your origins through DNA testing can reveal a lot you may not have known about your deepest roots. The story of your family is contained in your unique genetic code, just waiting for you to discover it. Although your family history may already contain a lot of information about your origins, some information can become lost over generations. With ancestry testing you can bridge the gaps in your family’s records and make connections you never knew were possible. Our advanced autosomal test is so targeted, it may even indicate the town or village where groups of your ancestors from different cultures met, building a vibrant picture of the migration journeys that formed your deep genealogical heritage.
Benefits of GPS Origins®:
- The only DNA test with bio-geographical targeting capability to the town or village level
- Identifies when and where your DNA formed by matching the populations that came together to create a genetic line leading to you
- Traces the migration route of both your maternal and paternal lineages back to their origins and dates the age of your DNA signature
- Provides detailed stories helping to explain DNA mixture events such as wars, famines, and migrations
- Developed by a leading population geneticist from the University of Sheffield in England
Test Results Include:
- Dynamic online experience featuring an interactive map, allowing you to zoom into your GPS pinpoints—revealing towns and cities
- Downloadable PDF report that can be shared with family and friends
- Your online and printable results feature:
- Maps of your top three ancestral origins (the gene pools or ancestral communities that contributed to significant portions of your genetic makeup) along with the percentages of DNA you inherited from each
- A comprehensive gene pool profile with DNA percentages that goes well beyond basic ethnicity tests
- A detailed map illustrating your maternal and paternal migration journeys with descriptions on how your ancestors’ circumstances changed as they crossed territories and continents to find better lives