HomeDNA™ Advanced Ancestry test video.
HomeDNA™ Advanced Ancestry test overview.
The process works a lot like the GPS system in your car. For this test, a unique algorithm uses various points in your own DNA data combined with data from 41 gene pools and over 1,000 reference population groups to pinpoint precise geographic locations where the last three major changes occurred in your family’s DNA. Your results also include your personal gene-pool percentages. Where are you from?
- 80,000 autosomal genetic markers tested, 1,000+ reference populations analyzed, and 41 gene pools analyzed
- Results show your personal gene-pool percentages plus the most recent DNA migration routes for both your maternal and paternal lines
- Simple and painless cheek swabs to collect your DNA sample
- Highly-accredited lab with privacy-protected service and expert staff; we are the lab and you can rest assured your samples are never sent to a third party
- Complete instructions
- Cheek swabs for DNA collection
- Postage-paid envelope for returning samples to the lab (U.S. customers only)
- Within 6 weeks
DNA Origins® Paternal Lineage test details.
The desire to know where our deepest roots lie and where we come from are at the heart of testing for ancestry. Your genetic code contains the story of your distant ancestors’ DNA—as well as your own—and a DNA test for ancestry can help you uncover precious information that may have been lost or even changed over time. The HomeDNA Advanced Ancestry Test uses a completely new algorithm for some of the most precise, accurate, and super-targeted results on the market today. Even if you’ve already done a different test, you’ll learn something new with this revolutionary analysis.
Benefits of the Advanced Ancestry Test
- Analyzes over 80,000 autosomal DNA markers, 41 gene pools and 1,000+ reference populations for unmatched accuracy
- Shows the full gene-pool percentages breakdown of your personal DNA
- Identifies when and where your DNA formed by matching the populations and gene pools that came together to create a genetic line leading to you
- Traces the migration routes of your DNA signature back to where it originated and dates the age of your DNA signature. It does this for both your maternal and paternal lineages indicating where your DNA began.
- It’s the only DNA test with bio-geographical targeting capability that’s so precise, it can even identify a town or village
- Report can be shared with family and friends via Facebook, text, and email
Test Results Include:
- A personalized report that identifies your ancestral origins (the gene pools or ancestral communities that contributed significant portions of your genetic makeup) and shows the percentages of DNA you inherited from each
- Maps illustrating the two most important migration journeys for both your maternal and paternal lines, with specific locations and time stamps. Each pinpoint location also includes historical information to help identify reasons for your ancestors’ movements.