HomeDNA™ starter ancestry test overview.
- Complete instructions
- Cheek swabs for DNA collection
- Postage-paid envelope for returning samples to the lab (U.S. customers only)
- Just 3 weeks from receipt of samples at the lab
HomeDNA™ starter ancestry test details.
Now you can connect your past with your present! Using 100 DNA markers to determine the origins of your ancestors, this test first identifies the geographic areas that contributed to your DNA, giving you a picture of where you came from. After determining your genetic makeup based on your past, the test looks at STR (Short Tandem Repeat) markers, also known as the 13 CODIS loci, to compare your DNA to populations in today’s world and identify the people with whom your DNA has the most in common.
Personalized Test Results Report Includes:
- Personalized Certificate PDF
- Results Report PDF with detailed explanation of results
DNA from your Past
The Starter DNA test for ancestry first gives you percentages from your past for each of these four regions:
- Indigenous American
- Sub-Saharan African
DNA from your Present
The second part of the test then shows you the population groups from the present where DNA similar to yours is most prevalent. This is specific down to the country level.
Our goal with this affordable DNA test for ancestry is to give you a fun, easy, and affordable way to learn more about yourself through DNA testing. We believe that everyone should have access to the information contained in their DNA, and our service provides a great first step by providing you with your basic ancestral background and then showing you where in the world you can find others with similar DNA.
- Which populations resemble your DNA today? The answer may surprise you
- Drawn to certain ethnic foods? Maybe it’s in your DNA!
- Fascinated by different parts of the world? Maybe it’s in your DNA!
See if your interests match the story of your DNA. It’s easy and fun for everyone. Learn more about you from the inside with the HomeDNA™ Starter Ancestry Test.